Alabama Real Estate Appraisal School
Wondering how to become an appraiser?
As your partner in Appraisal Education in Alabama, Mbition is an Alabama real estate appraisal school, approved by the Alabama Real Estate Appraisers Board to provide appraisal licensing and continuing education courses for real estate appraisal agents. Mbition provides all of the live and online appraiser license courses you will ever need for your career in real estate appraisal.
Browse online appraisal courses below to find the class that’s right for you!
Alabama Appraisal New License Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must successfully complete 120 hours of approved real estate education within a ten-year time frame immediately preceding your application.
- Applicant must be sponsored by a broker before he/she applies for license.
- Be honest, truthful, and of good reputation.
Mbition provides two in-depth courses that will help you launch your career as a real estate appraiser. For those just starting out, the Alabama 75-Hour Real Estate Property Appraiser Trainee Package covers all courses and materials needed to achieve Trainee Real Property Appraiser status and begin your career as a junior appraiser. In order to become a State Registered Real Property Appraiser, successful completion of the Trainee Real Estate Proper Appraiser course plus 1000 hours of experience is all that is required.
In addition to the educational course requirements, the following requirements must be met by anyone interested in Alabama appraisal licensure:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must obtain a high school diploma or its equivalent
- For Certified Residential level: A minimum of an Associate’s Degree OR 21 college semester hours in specific subject matters is also required
- For Certified General level: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree OR 30 college semester hours in specific subject matters is also required
- Satisfactory completion of the corresponding state examination
- Successful submission of application and required documents and payment of associated fees
Alabama Appraisal Upgrade License Requirements
Those who have successfully completed the Trainee education courses and are looking to advance their career with licensure will find everything they need in Mbition’s Upgrade to Licensed Level Package. This package includes all courses and materials necessary to get you to the next step in your career! Completion of these courses plus an additional 2000 hours of experience (completed within 12 months) will grant you an Alabama state license in real estate appraisal.
If you are interested in achieving the last two levels of appraisal licensing, the following requirements must be met:
- Certified Residential Real Property Appraiser - successful completion of education and experience requirements of Licensed Real Property Appraiser PLUS Statistics, Modeling and Finance (15 hours), Advanced Residential Application and Case Studies (15 hours), Appraisal Subject Matter Electives (20 hours) and 2500 hours of experience (completed within 24 months)
- Certified General Real Property Appraiser - successful completion of education and experience requirements of Certified Residential Real Property Appraiser PLUS General Appraiser Sales Comparison and Income Approach (15 hours), General Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach (15 hours), General Appraiser Income Approach (45 hours), General Appraiser Report Writing and Case Studies (10 hours), General Appraiser Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use (15 hours) and 3000 hours of experience (completed within 30 months, 1500 of which must be nonresidential appraisals).
Alabama Appraisal Continuing Education Requirements
What are the state of Alabamas requirements to become a licensed real estate agent?
All Alabama real estate appraisal licenses expire September 30 every year and must be renewed. In order to renew your license, you must complete 28 hours of continuing education (7 of these hours must be covered by the USPAP Update course). Mbition provides two 14 hour continuing education packages that are updated annually to reflect the USPAP course. With Mbition, you can find everything you need to both launch your career as an appraiser and to stay on top of all requirements to ensure a successful career.